- Apply your understanding of the aging process to Francine’s case. How might Francine’s environment have influenced her aging process? How might you, as Francine’s social worker, apply your knowledge of the aging process to her case?
- Identify an additional strategy you might use to apply your knowledge of the aging process to social work practice with older clients in general. Explain why you would use the strategy.
Zastrow, C. H., Kirst-Ashman, K. K. & Hessenauer, S. L. (2019). Understanding human behavior and the social environment (11th ed.). Boston, MA:
Plummer, S. -B., Makris, S., & Brocksen, S. M. (Eds.). (2014). Social work case studies: Foundation year. Baltimore, MD: Laureate International Universities Publishing. [Vital Source e-reader].
- “Working With the Aging: The Case of Francine” (pp. 39–41)
Note: This text is available as an eBook (electronic book). It will be provided to you via an email from the Walden University book store.
- Chapter 1, “Introduction to Human Behavior and the Social Environment” (pp. 12-13)
- Chapter 14, “Biological Aspects of Later Adulthood” (pp. 642-671)
Guindon, S., & Cappeliez, P. (2010). Contributions of psychological well-being and social support to an integrative model of subjective health in later adulthood. Ageing International, 35(1), 38–60.